Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A final Ode to the Flame outs...


Last night our beloved Flames lost to Chicago in a disappointing series, seeing them get bounced live for the third time in four years really kicked me in the balls. So much so that I seriously considered taking a bereavement day from work...So i wrote this song to the tune of 'Crying' by Roy Orbison, if you don't know the tune you can find it here
I’ve been cheering all year long
Watched you fuck up a 14 point lead
But I saw you last night I held my hands so tight
As you were down 3-0
Oh, I wished you wellBut I could tell
That I'd soon be crying
Crying over you
And like that you were gone
Left me so lonely in the ‘dome
Alone and crying, crying
Crying, crying

It's hard to understand
But the way you play (so soft, so gay)
Can start me crying I thought that you could force game 7
But it was too good to be true, so true
It hurts even more
Than it did last year
But, Flames, what can I do?
For you lost again And I don’t know when
I’ll stop crying over you

Yes, you’re one and done
And, for the next month or so
I'll be crying, crying
Crying, crying
As I will have to hear it from the ‘Nucks
And watch those two red-head fucks
So I’ll be crying, crying
(And masturbating)
Over you

No comments:

Post a Comment