Monday, March 16, 2009

NonRAL - LARP (Live action role playing)


Live action role playing, or LARP for short is something that I didn't even believe existed until seeing the movie "Role Models" over the weekend (which is very RAL..recommended). Even after seeing that it in the movie I was skeptical, but after a bit of google searching, I realized it is 100% legit and has thousands of members worldwide. For those who don't know, LARP is a mix between Halloween dress up and world of warcraft...you dress up as wizards and fairies and other hocus pocus type characters from medieval times, and run around and kill each other with nerf swords and throw beanbags of magic potions at each other. The beauty part of it all, is that the losers that play this, consider this their real life, and their 9-5 job and everything outside of LARP is the "alternate" world...I really cannot begin to wrap my head around this but reading the wiki link for LARP made me laugh and then want to buy a real gun (see Rambo review) and visit the next LARP party. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment